Interbank messaging procedure SWIFT has partnered with crypto data supplier Chainlink for an preliminary evidence of concept to use cross-chain interoperability protocol (CCIP) for on-chain token transfers, Sergey Nazarov, Chainlink’s cofounder announced at the SmartCon 2022 convention on Wednesday.
See associated report: Chainlink joins Hedera council in press to website link DeFi with regular finance
- The CCIP will allow communications and movement of tokens among institutions and enable accelerate blockchain adoption in funds marketplaces, Nazarov explained.
- Much more than 11,000 banks and money institutions are connected to the SWIFT network.
- The two experienced previously labored with each other to check out bond issuance and redemption, in accordance to Jonathan Ehrenfeld Solé, Technique Director at SWIFT, who was in a panel with Nazarov at the meeting.
- SWIFT recorded an typical of 44.8 million economic information and facts messages for each working day as of August 2022, in accordance to the member-owned cooperative’s web site.
- Chainlink’s Link token was down around 8% in the past 24 hrs to trade at US$7.75 at 10 pm Hong Kong time on Thursday, according to coinmarketcap.com.
See related article: Chainlink among the best crypto performers in October—Fintech Advisory Solutions report